SOLO PRACTICE IN YOUR DRIVEWAY WITH A BALL MACHINE

 I wrote this article back when the temps were in the low 80°s.  It demonstrates another way to practice pickleball away from the crowds while the C-19 Virus is still lingering in the air.   

PRACTICED TODAY OUTDOOR USING MY NETTED PICKLEBALL HITTING CAGE & MY SIMON 2 PICKLEBALL THROWING MACHINE. WOW!

Purchased a 12 x 12 x 10' youth size netted batters cage and erected it in my driveway so the ball machine opening in the net was lined up with my Simon 2 sitting upright inside my storage shed. This Machine never disappoints.
I was standing inside the cage, paddle in hand, safety glasses on, approximately 11" from the ball machine. Even on the low setting, at that close distance, those balls were coming fast and hard just like a power pace volley at the NVZ.
This is a great practice learning experience. You can experiment with open and close faced paddle returns and back spin returns.
I found that backspin returns are best made with a close faced paddle, keep the ball low over the net and dropping into the opposing NVZ , with a back bounce towards the opponents net.
This is also a great way to sharpen response time and make use of the READY-READY POSITION. Needless to say after 100 balls I was dead tired and it was a great workout.
My driveway is 100' and line with a 6' high white pvc privacy fence. I park my truck in the driveway in front of the cage and no one know I am there. I don't have to wear a mask because no one can come within a 100 feet if ne,
The portable netted batters cage cost $129. Great investment to get me back in the game, And have a place to practice anytime I want.
I could not take any pictures because I was in the cage hitting. But I did attach a mock up of what the rig looks like.
This rig will accommodate 2 players at one time. As the SD restrictions ease, I can actually do one on one homecourt coaching with this system.

Edit
Add Photos/Videos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNFORCED ERRORS A PICKLEBALL PLAYERS WORST NIGHTMARES

DOUBLES PICKLEBALL LADDER LEAGUE TEMPLATES.

SO YOU WANT TO TEACH PICKLEBALL